How To: Upgrade your WSS 3.0 to Service Pack
Steps for Installing WSS 3.0 Service Pack 2 on your WSS Farm
1. Backup our Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (WSS 3.0)Farm
2. Verify and Validate the Build of your WSS 3.0 Build Number
IF someone would be so gracious and provide a Before Shot of a WSS 3.0 CA “Servers in Farm” pic here
3. Execute the Service Pack 2 Executable for Windows SharePoint Services
The installer will go through extracting and installing the updates and conclude at the SharePoint Product and Technologies Wizard.
4. Click “Next” to begin the SP Product and Technologies Wizard
5. Click “Yes” to acknowledge that certain services will be stopped while the Farm and Databases areUpdated
NOTE: At this point, if there are multiple Servers in your environment, you must STOP at this point and run the SP2 Installer on the other Servers in the Farm before going any further. Once complete return to the first server and continue
6. Click “Ok” once you have completed [where required] installing the SP2 binaries on other WSS Servers in the farm
7. The SharePoint Products and Technologies Wizard will continue through up to 10 steps to completion
8. If all goes well you should see the Configuration Successful Screen below
9. The Central Administration “CA” site will come up afterwards. Verify that the build number now says 126.96.36.19921 and you are now up to SP2 on WSS.
10. Final step is to review the changes that accompany WSS 3.0 Service Pack 2 below
No comments yet.